If you've never been, you must try it. MUST! It's my favorite spot for sushi, wine drinking and catching up with friends.
Let me break it down for you:
The Sushi -- Suz's Favorite Rolls
- Sunrise -- delicious tuna with mango and mint
- Popper -- another delicious roll with jalapeno and tempura
- White Dragon -- shrimp with a delicious sauce (I'm not sure what's in it -- Secret Sauce!)
- Crab Cake Appetizer -- served on sticks with a mango salsa
- Crunchy, spicy tuna roll
- Super white tuna ginger roll -- delicious tuna with ginger and tobiko on top
It's a BYOB
Sure there's a "rule" that you can only have one bottle for every two people...but seriously, I don't think they've ever enforced that rule on us. Maybe we are sneaky? Yea...about as sneaky Blago trying to sell Obama's senate seat.
It's always happening in there. Sure, that can be a 'con' becuase you can NEVER get a reservation for anytime other than 5:30 or 10:30p.m., but you can always come in and wait for a table. Bonus -- while you wait you can drink. The decor is Asian modern, not old-school Asian with strange Buddhas and arm waving cat statutes everywhere. It is always packed and the people there are ready to have a good time. It's infectious.
2045 North Damen Avenue
Chicago, IL 60647-4526