1. Bathing suits. Yes -- more than one. You don't want to have to wear the same bottoms every day of the vacation, do you? Suz -- bikini or one piece? Either. I think you should wear whatever makes you feel the most comfortable. There are plenty of cute one pieces out there. I am a big fan of JCrew's swim shop. They have a ton of different shapes and sizes. My pick for this season is:
This top is flattering on a larger bust and the skirt will help hide any cottage cheese you might have on your thighs. Gurl -- don't fret. We've all got a little.
2. Sunblock. SPF 30+
3. Cover-Up. No one wants to see you in your bikini at the local bar sipping Coronas. Please ladies -- get a cute cover-up. None of this skin-tight denim shorts with the waistband folded over crap. You are not Britney Spears and why would you want to dress like her??
If you think you can pull it off, I really like the idea of a trendy romper for a cover up. Otherwise, I recommend a cute cotton dress. Here's my pick. I love the nautical stripes. (Yes, again from JCrew. They also have some cute options like this at Forever 21.):
4. Beach Hat (no premature aging will be tolerated here). JCrew is the winner again. I love the look of a traditional sun hat. I know the panama style hat is trendy and popular again, but this hat will never go out of style.
5. A cute beach bag. My pick is the traditional "Boat and Tote" bag from LL Bean. You just can't go wrong.
6. Flip-flops. I don't think you need much instruction here. Just don't wear wedge flip flops or heeled flip flops. There's nothing I hate more than wedge flip flops. They make you look like you're wearing Frankenstein's shoes.
7. A good beach read. My picks are InStyle magazine and Us Weekly. I also recently read the Anita Shreve book, Body Surfing and enjoyed it. I am going to try and read, Beach Music, on my trip. I'll let y'all know how it goes.
Until next time. Stay Stylish.